As humans, we all have a certain level of narcissism in us.
Narcissism is a spectrum, a spectrum we’re all simply part of.
So what makes someone an actual full blown narcissist, sociopath and psychopath? (They’re all 3 very close to each other with only minor differences).
Let’s take a look at the primary components of the narcissistic psychopath;
- Lack of empathy. Depending on their level, empathy is non-existent. If you’re able to get a glimpse of it, it’s sadly part of their mask, or act. They simply don’t give a fuck about you.
- They’re never wrong, ever.
- Unapologetic. They’re never sorry. If in a rare case they say sorry, it’s often followed with a “but” –which eliminates the entire value of the apology.
- Zero impulse control. They live entirely off of impulses. Whatever they feel in the moment is what they need or want right this fucking moment.
- Extremely negative at their core. While we all go through phases of negativity, their perspective usually appears to be very negative and dark. They have the capability to take something positive, and twist it into a negative.
- They stonewall when an issue arises. They’ll start filing their nails. They’ll roll their eyes and walk away. They’ll do anything and everything else except for being present in the moment and attempt to resolve a complication.
- They’re entitled. “I’m a fucking princess (or prince), and everyone else can go fuck themselves, including you if you don’t give me what I want”.
- Incapable of putting forward true, consistent effort. This links back to being entitled. They expect to be served on demand. If in the rare case they put effort, they expect to be praised and repaid 20 times the amount.
- Every interaction is an actual sale, or exchange to them. It’s almost as if they keep a real-time exchange log that’s sitting in some Terminator style lens in front of their eye. If they do something for you, you must repay the deed.
- They must be in control at all times. Their brain operates on a different level when it comes to this. They must at all times feel like they’re in control of the situation or conversation. They’re hyper, and I mean hyper sensitive to this.
- They’re the victim. It’s not their fault, ever. Therefore, they are always “the victim”.
Upon analyzing these behaviors and traits, you might be seeing a pattern here;
They lack an entire cluster of basic human emotions.
Now before you worry about being one yourself. Realize this, as humans we’re all capable of lacking all of these emotions and traits.
The difference however is that these, creatures –are stuck on these spectrums and are unable to control it.
It’s almost as if a key component of their brain is permanently shut down, which we’ll talk further about in a future post.